When you’ve found the programme that’s right for you, it’s time to apply.
How to applyWhere you want to study will determine how you should apply. If you’re looking to apply for a teacher training programme in:
- England – apply using the DfE's 'Apply for teacher training' service
- Northern Ireland – take a look at our dedicated advice
- Scotland and Wales – complete a UCAS Undergraduate application
What happens next?
- 30 June 2022 - If an application is sent to us by 18:00 (UK time) on this day, we’ll send it to the chosen providers. Applications received after this date will automatically be entered into Clearing.
The interviewMany training providers receive a large number of applications, so can't interview everyone who meets the essential requirements. In this case, they'll select applicants for interview using the academic and non-academic criteria.
- If you are unable to attend the interview date, get in touch with the training provider to ask if your interview can be rearranged.
- If you’re unable to attend an interview, or change your mind about attending, inform the training provider, and give them the reason why. If you don't, your application with them may be withdrawn.
- You should be given all the information you need about the training provider’s interview process.
- Passion about teaching
- Confidence with and respect towards children
- Professionalism in both your mindset and the way you conduct yourself
- Personality, reflected in how you present yourself
- Energy, since enthusiasm is infectious
- Resilience that shows you're up to the task.
- Appreciation of the commitment required teaching.